Glen Waverley Central Car Park – Cr Saloumi and Cr Davies
– it has spent approximately $640,000 till now from the commencement of the Central Car Park EOI process, excluding costs of Masterplans and Structure plans. Link to motion: Council meeting 12 December 2017.
The motion was supported or carried. Link to decision: Council meeting Minutes 12 December 2017.
“Dust of Uruzgan” Concert
That Council approves the allocation of $2,200 to support a performance of “Dust of Uruzgan”, to raise awareness of the significant contribution and ongoing challenges confronting Australian Defence Forces personnel. Link to motion: Council meeting 26 September 2017.
The motion was supported or carried. Link to decision: Council meeting Minutes 26 September 2017.
Parking outside the Glen Waverley Activity Centre
1. Directs officers to investigate opportunities for the creation of additional car parking outside the Glen Waverley Activity Centre [GWAC] be it on Council owned land or otherwise including any costs associated with providing that car parking.
2. If suitable locations for additional car parking are found, investigate the practicality and cost of a bus shuttle service to move people to and from GWAC via a Park and Ride service or improvements to the current bus services.
3. Writes to the Minister for Public Transport, the Hon. Jacinta Allan MP requesting that the State Government provides more commuter car parking for the many commuters trying to access the Glen Waverley train station. This could be through the construction of a new carpark or the State Government making available land for car parking and funding a Park and Ride service that will benefit rail commuters.
4. That Officers report back to Council on these investigations and any response from the Minister for Public Transport.
Link to motion: Council meeting 26 April 2017.
The motion was supported or carried. Link to decision: Council meeting Minutes 26 April 2017.
Saluting General Sir John Monash
That Council writes a formal letter signed by the Mayor, to the Saluting Monash Council in support for the early adoption of the Jerilderie Proposition, ie its objective to achieve the posthumous promotion of General Sir John Monash GCMG KCB VD* to the rank of Field Marshall (with effect from 11 November 1930), by 11 November 2018, i.e. the Centenary of World War 1. Link to motion: Council meeting 29 November 2016.
The motion was supported or carried. Link to decision: Council meeting Minutes 29 November 2016.
Exempt community groups meeting in not for profit clubs form clause 4.4 City of Monash Public Health approach to Gambling: Policy statement 2016- 2020
That Council exempts all Community Groups meeting at Monash based not for profit clubs such as the RSL Clubs and/or the Mulgrave Country Club from Clause 4.4 in the City of Monash Public Health Approach to Gambling: Policy Statement 2016-2020 in order to ensure any such group is eligible to receive Monash Community Grants Program funding. Link to motion: Council meeting 29 November 2016.
Unfortunately the motion was not supported or carried. Link to comments and decision: Council meeting Minutes 29 November 2016.